[mythtv-users] DVB-T card

Vincent McIntyre vincent.mcintyre at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 09:14:17 UTC 2012

On 9/9/12, John <rwc at bestpond.com> wrote:

> However I switched to using  USB cards the Asus  My Cinema U3100 Mini, I
> have a couple and they have been quite OK. More recently I discovered
> the PS3 Playstation "PlayTV " available at good prices from Dick Smith
> or JB Hi-Fi especially during sales.
>
> That has dual inbuilt tuners and uses the same driver as the Asus U3100
> i.e. dvb-usb-dib0700 firmware. I have found them to just work out of the
> box with my system, using openSUSE 12.1 & 12.2.

John, can I clarify a couple of things here:
1. are these PCI (PCIe, PCI-X) cards with USB bridges, like the old
dvico dual 4 ?
2. Do you just disassemble the playtv and insert them in your backend?

Relative to the OP I have been pondering getting one of these quad
tuners [1] now that there is a driver in mainline (as of a few months
ago). Curious if anyone on the list has one.

Cheers

[1] http://www.digitalnow.com.au/product_pages/Quad.html