[mythtv-users] DVB-T card

John rwc at bestpond.com
Sun Sep 9 07:14:35 UTC 2012

phrippenatthekrotz wrote:
> Greetings All
>
> I have searched this on the inter-web and there is so much conflicting
> advice.
> So I ask the question here, If you where buying a DVB-T card today,
> which would you buy, one that would work out of the box?
> Much of the information/recommendations are of cards which vendors do
> not stock any more or are unavailable.
> Sadly the hardware sites for Mythtv are so out of date.
>
> Any recommendations would be gratefully received.

I note you are using iinet, and so are in Australia.

I have older PCI cards from winfast that are well out of date (DTV-1000
T) that worked well.

However I switched to using  USB cards the Asus  My Cinema U3100 Mini, I
have a couple and they have been quite OK. More recently I discovered
the PS3 Playstation "PlayTV " available at good prices from Dick Smith
or JB Hi-Fi especially during sales.

That has dual inbuilt tuners and uses the same driver as the Asus U3100
i.e. dvb-usb-dib0700 firmware. I have found them to just work out of the
box with my system, using openSUSE 12.1 & 12.2.

Hope this helps,

John
> Phrip

_