[mythtv-users] Change subtitle color/background on 0.26

Thiago Bellini Ribeiro hackedbellini at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 20:32:14 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I just upgraded MythTV from 0.25 to 0.26 on Mythbuntu.

Since 0.24 I want to change the subtitle color from white to yellow.
That because when watching a video with a very white scene (sometimes
the whole video) it's impossible to read the subtitles.

On 0.26, I noticed that subtitles now have a black background by
default. I really don't like it and I wanted to change it
(unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have an easy way for doing this
anymore).

I saw on changelog that themes are now responsibility for setting
subtitles options. So, I took a look at osd_subtitles.xml of the theme
I use (Steppes to be more exactly) and tried to change it a little. I
wanted to remove that black background, change the subtitle color to
yellow and add a black border on letters. But unfortunately, none of
what I've done changed anything.

So, that is my question: What is the right way for doing what I'm
trying to do? If the only way now is by modifying osd_subtitles on
theme folder, could you please point me what I have to do on it do
make those changes?

Other than that, MythTv is a really great software! I just love it!
Keep up with the great work!! :)
And sorry for any uncomprehending phrase here, english is not my
native language..

Thanks in advance,

--
Thiago Bellini | http://hackedbellini.org

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.” - Confucius