[mythtv-users] Segfault when DVD path doesn't exist, Is this a bug?

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Sat Sep 8 09:31:43 UTC 2012

I recently changed my persistant udev rules to correctly assign my new
blueray drive as /dev/dvd rather then /dev/dvd1 and was going to change
mythfrontend DVDDeviceLocation after rebooting but found the frontend
segfaulting probabably due to having MonitorDrives enabled, luckily I could
change this via mythweb but is this a known issue in either libdbus or
mythtv?

Sep  7 22:36:18 mythtv kernel: mythfrontend[2658]: segfault at be ip
0000003213827b74 sp 00007fde2e1fb060 error 4 in
libdbus-1.so.3.4.0[3213800000+3f000]

MythTV Version : 0.25-3.md12 (1a671d0)
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.25
Network Protocol : 72
Library API : 0.25.20120408-1
QT Version : 4.7.2
Options compiled in:
 linux release use_hidesyms using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun
using_ceton using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu
using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_libudf
using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript
using_qtdbus using_v4l2 using_v4l1 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php
using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau
using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg using_libxml2 using_libudf

dbus-libs-1.2.16-9.fc12.x86_64
dbus-python-0.83.0-6.fc12.x86_64
dbus-1.2.16-9.fc12.x86_64
dbus-x11-1.2.16-9.fc12.x86_64