[mythtv-users] MythTV on Android

Scott and Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Thu Sep 6 15:11:45 UTC 2012

>> New version is in the github downloads link. See my next post for updated
>> features.
>>
>> https://github.com/MythTV-Android/mythtv-for-android/downloads

>-- snip --

>It also takes a long time (again, on the order of minutes) to start a
>recording playback. Oh. and it didn't actually play it. It just
>popped up a "Unfortunately, MythTV for Android has stopped." dialog.
>:-(

>Clicking OK on it takes me back to the list of episodes of the title I
>was trying to watch. And trying to select another program yields a
>java.lang.NPE.

>-- snip --

I too, have never actually been able to play a recording with this app using my Galaxy Nexus.  It loads everything else (guide, recording lists, etc) fine, however, when I click a recording to play it goes to "retrieving recording" (or something like that) with a spinning circle.  This continues for several minutes before I finally give up and close out.  This is even with a (relatively) small 30 minute SD recording.