[mythtv-users] No VAAPI profile in 0.25-fixes

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 6 13:04:09 UTC 2012

On 09/06/2012 06:55 AM, Igor Cicimov wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 8:49 PM, Igor Cicimov wrote:

>>> mythbackend --version
>>>
>>   $ mythbackend --version
>> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
>> MythTV Version : v0.25.2-16-gd519276
>> MythTV Branch : fixes/0.25
>> Network Protocol : 72
>> Library API : 0.25.20120506-1
>> QT Version : 4.6.2
>> Options compiled in:
>>   linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
>> using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
>> using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
>> using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
>> using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd
>> using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit
>> using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_v4l2 using_v4l1 using_x11 using_xrandr
>> using_xv using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php
>> using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads
>> using_live using_mheg using_libxml2
>>
>> hmmm I can't see using_vaapi if that is the point.

Yes, that's the key.

> $ mythfrontend --version
> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
> MythTV Version : v0.25.2-15-g46cab93
> MythTV Branch : fixes/0.25
> Network Protocol : 72
> Library API : 0.25.20120506-1
> QT Version : 4.8.1
> Options compiled in:
>   linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
> using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
> using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
> using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
> using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd
> using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit
> using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv
> using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php
> using_mythtranscode using_opengl *using_vaapi* using_vdpau
> using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2
>
> This is on the frontend where VAAPI profile works. It is v0.25.2-15 one
> minor version behind the backend which is v0.25.2-16 but has vaapi compiled
> in. So which version of the backend has this working in Mythbuntu? Or I
> need to be on 12.04 for that?

Whether you use mythbackend or mythfrontend to call --version, it will
say using_vaapi if it was compiled to support VA-API.  The backend
doesn't need any special support for VA-API--you just have to have
MythTV compiled to support it.  I just had you use mythbackend to find
out how your MythTV was compiled.

So, you'll just have to find a version of MythTV that was compiled to
support VA-API.  I don't know if *buntu quit compiling in support
because it's not very functional or if there's more to the story.

Mike