[mythtv-users] HushTechnologies Case - new motherboard/cpu advice for FE (quite specific)

alessandro campobassi alessandro.campobassi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 06:23:19 UTC 2012

>> Sorry, can you explain a bit further? add-in card?
> PCI or PCI-e NVidia card for VDPAU. That's what I added to my own
> mini-ITX case that contains an old mobo otherwise incapable of HDTV.
Ah, of course - yes, I see.

> I can't find any info on your case online, .....
Yeah, it seems Hush Technologies - the German company have gone under.....

> cases either come with, or require you to purchase, a right-angle slot
> adapter so your add-in card can lay down parallel with the mobo.
> Hopefully your case has an opening in the back to allow video
> connections to an add-in card?

Yes, it has 2 slots (horizontal/parallel to the mobo) for cards.
A PCI riser card is already used for the Tuner Card, and the other was
empty - but in actual fact, only one slot is really usable, as the
space is very limited in there. The Tuner card will be coming out for
sure, so for the 2 slots just need enough space for the graphics card.

I will see if my Asus GT430 fits, and if so, I'll simply add that to the case.

Now,  I found the original invoice and the CPU installed is a AMD 64,
3200+ 2,0GHz.
Should I simply keep that CPU, or try and add the best CPU for that
socket I can find?
The mobo can have only 4GB ram max, and that's what I have. For a FE,
4GB should be ok?

Thanks again for your advice, the mythtv list is always welcoming to
questions and a great help for 'not-so-technical' people!
Sandro