[mythtv-users] Thank you for the setup wizard!

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 22:35:21 UTC 2012

A lot of times when using Myth, I ask myself, "Why the heck does x, y or z
behave the way it does?", and then I remind myself that Myth is still
pretty developer-centric, and since I don't have any skills to offer to the
project, I'd better shut up and appreciate what I have for free.

But now that I've finally gone to 0.25 and have been adding more front
ends, I can't thank you guys enough for taking the time to create that
setup wizard! And as I discovered today, the test videos are kept on the
BE, so testing new FEs is waaaay faster. I just set up a pre-compiled
Windows FE, and was having some awful video artifact issues. Thanks to the
setup wizard, what normally would have been at least a half hour of trial
and error (Try one setting, next-next-next-save, back-back-back, try HD
recording, repeat) was less than five minutes of work!

So, as somebody who whines and complains more than he should about MythTV,
I just wanted to take a moment to express my thanks for all the work the
devs do.

Thanks,
Matt