[mythtv-users] mythvidexport.py and 0.26

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun Sep 2 19:48:00 UTC 2012

On 9/2/2012 15:03, Stephen Robertson wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 7:03 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
>> On 8/28/2012 12:06, Stephen Robertson wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello All,
>>>
>>> Should I expect mythvidexport 0.7.5 from
>>>
>>> https://github.com/wagnerrp/mythtv-scripts/blob/master/python/mythvidexport.py
>>> to work with 0.26/master?
>
> [trimmed]
>
>> There are currently outstanding issues in the Python bindings, dealing with
>> the conversion of MythTV to use UTC internally.  They should be fixed by the
>> time 0.26 is officially released.
>
> I noticed the two commits relating to the python bindings so I thought
> I would experiment with mythvidexport again.  I seem to be getting
> more or less the same error when running it manually.  However when I
> run it as a user job then it works(though I've not manged to get
> recordings to delete.
>
> I suppose my questions are:
>
> Am I trying to use this from the command line correctly? And if so
> what else could be wrong?

The recommended manner of running is to use "%JOBID%", and let
mythvidexport pull the recording information from the jobqueue table,
rather than specify it directly with "%CHANID%" and "%STARTTIME%".

> and
> Where does log output from this end up? Or how do i specify that
> location?

It uses the same parameters as the rest of MythTV applications,
specifically --logpath or --syslog. Preferably, you just have the
jobqueue pass through all the necessary parameters with "%VERBOSEMODE%".

> /home/stephen/mythvidexport.py --verbose all --chanid=1033
> --starttime=20120826071000

Could you use "--loglevel debug" as well, so I can see what is actually
being passed to the database by the Recorded class? Also, are you using
"%STARTTIME%" or "%STARTTIMEUTC%"? The bindings expect times to be in
the local timezone, unless specified otherwise with a tz-aware format.
Was the recording you are trying to archive actually recorded at 7:10AM
local time?