[mythtv-users] hostname problem in MythArchive

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sat Sep 1 14:57:32 UTC 2012

On 01/09/12 13:57, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 08/31/2012 03:23 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
>> So does this mean that I ought to try
>>
>> <DBLocalHostName>what_your_frontend_is_called</DBLocalHostName>
>>
>> in the frontend section where I suggested making the change above?  Or
>> would that, at present, be even more than usual not covered by the
>> non-guarantee?  Really this means 'do the python bindings, at present,
>> support both DBHostName and DBLocalHostName and make the appropriate
>> connections without changes to the python script?'.
>
> You want
>
> <LocalHostName>profile_identifier</LocalHostName>
>
> and need to place it where indicated at
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/fixes/0.25/mythtv/contrib/config_files/config.xml
>

> The name, "LocalHostName", is actually a bit of a misnomer--it's meant
> to identify the profile you want to use for the application.  Since the
> default profile name is the host name, the mysql.txt/config.xml name for
> the setting became LocalHostName (as in LocalHostName /override/). We'll
> be changing it to a better name when we get a chance (something like
> ProfileID).
>
> And, FWIW, specifying a profile ID using LocalHostName is well supported
> by all MythTV applications and should be well supported by both the Perl
> and Python bindings.
>
>> As I have it now it seems that the 'Success' message isn't getting
>> into the DB - or maybe it just isn't accessible by other components -
>> and the 'Play Created DVD' doesn't play; an .iso file is created and I
>> can play it as a video, and burn it as I usually do with k3b, but it
>> might not burn within MythArchive.
>
> I don't know MythArchive, so all I can suggest is to test using a proper
> LocalHostName override (in your mysql.txt and/or config.xml
> file(s)--make sure it uses whichever one(s) you change.  Based on other
> comments in the thread, it sounds like that should fix any issues.
>
> Mike

Thanks very much for the clarification, Mike.  With that addition to
config.xml, and another run through most of the frontend setup, the
working directories are where they should be. I've created a small DVD
.iso file, which plays as a Video and in vlc, and 'Play created DVD'
within the Archive utilities works too.  I haven't seen any breakages in
a quick set of tests elsewhere.

I renamed mysql.txt but it got recreated.  config.xml seems to be doing
its thing with the python bindings, though, and hasn't been overwritten
on restarting myth.

Cheers,

John