[mythtv-users] Upgrade from .25-fixes to .26-fixes breaks live and semi-live analog tv.

jrh jharbestonus at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 18:17:26 UTC 2012

Greetings All!

I am having  a couple problems with analog cable NTSC video; I am using the latest .26-fixes with the versions as below:

mythbackend --version
MythTV Version : v0.26.0-28-ge3087dd
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.26
Network Protocol : 75
Library API : 0.26.20120822-1
QT Version : 4.8.1
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2

mythfrontend --version
xprop:  unable to open display ''
[...]

My analog tuner is an HVR-2250 and was working fine prior to my upgrading from .25-fixes on October 27, 2012.

I am running mythbuntu 12.04 64bit.

Here are the problems I am having:

1. Live TV(Analog only) never gets started, and either hangs mythfrontend, or it gives the "Error opening jump program file".

2. Watching an Analog recording in progress will hang the mythfrontend, or will cause mythfrontend to crash if i get less than about 3 minutes from current time.

I have NO problems watching completed analog programs that had been recorded from the referenced tuner.

My digital tuner is an HDHR3US, and I am having no problems with digital ATSC stations.

I do have logs from the backend as well as the frontend, but I am hesitant to paste them in the mailing list due to their size.

Should I go ahead and create a ticket in trac?

Thanks in advance!