[mythtv-users] metadatalookup -- not searching tvdb after post processing RECORDED

John reidjr at lineone.net
Wed Oct 31 11:21:46 UTC 2012

Dutch/Belgian TV EPG often has the episode description hidden in the
description. I have written a simple mysql query to pull out the
subtitle from the description and update the subtitle.  I have done this
before, and running mythmetadata lookup then finds series/episode data.

I have recently started recording " the big bang theory" which is on UK
TV , which works perfectly, and dutch TV. Doing the post processing on
the database doesn't work though. The metadata grabber appears to be
convinced the dutch episodes are all movies, as the log only shows tmdb
running

The recording rule has an inetref, it is set to series 1 episode 1. I
have removed the category saying its "Film-comedy", and the subtitle is
now populated. Struggling through the code, as long as the recording has
title subtitle and not categorised as Film or movie, it should be seen
as a "show" and tvdb run .

All of my messing around is in the recorded table, am I missing
something ? Its not important, just irritating :-)

// These functions exist to determine if we have enough
// information to conclusively call something a Show vs. Movie
LookupType GuessLookupType(ProgramInfo *pginfo)
{
LookupType ret = kUnknownVideo;
QString catType = pginfo->GetCategoryType();
if (catType.isEmpty())
catType = pginfo->QueryCategoryType();
if ((!pginfo->GetSubtitle().isEmpty() || pginfo->GetEpisode() > 0) &&
(catType == "series" || catType == "tvshow" ||
catType == "show"))
ret = kProbableTelevision;
else if (catType == "movie" || catType == "film")
ret = kProbableMovie;
else if (pginfo->GetSeason() > 0 || pginfo->GetEpisode() > 0 ||