[mythtv-users] Mytharchive error on 0.26

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Mon Oct 29 20:52:04 UTC 2012

Op 29-10-2012 20:49, John Pilkington schreef:
> On 29/10/12 18:51, Jos Hoekstra wrote:
>> I've edited /etc/mythtv/config.xml:
>>
>> <Configuration>
>>    <LocalHostName>frontend</LocalHostName>
>>    <Database>
>>      <PingHost>1</PingHost>
>>          <Host>192.168.1.5</Host>
>>          <UserName>mythtv</UserName>
>>          <Password>verysecret</Password>
>>          <DatabaseName>mythconverg</DatabaseName>
>>          <DBPort>3306</DBPort>
>>    </Database>
>>    <WakeOnLAN>
>>      <Enabled>0</Enabled>
>>      <SQLReconnectWaitTime>0</SQLReconnectWaitTime>
>>      <SQLConnectRetry>5</SQLConnectRetry>
>>      <Command>echo 'WOLsqlServerCommand not set'</Command>
>>    </WakeOnLAN>
>> </Configuration>
>>
>> And linked both users mythtv and frontend to it. The frontend is run by
>> user frontend by the way, I'm guessing the user mythtv is a leftover
>> from when I still had a slave-backend running on this machine.
>> I could reproduce this by trying it on my laptop as well, same result.
>> :/ All Ubuntu 12.04 with mythbuntu 0.26 repo.
>>

> I think I'm going to have to stop my 'help' on this.  Let's recap. Now
> that you aren't using nfs, mythburn.py within MythArchive is looking
> without success for things like
>
> 'myth://192.168.1.5:6543/1002_20121025205000.mpg'
>
> but from the command line mythburn.py did find
>
> "/mnt/video/1026_20121026205000.mpg"
>
> If that's still a fair summary of the problem maybe someone else will
> be able to suggest other things to try.  Good luck!
>
> John P

That's pretty much it, the only difference between your and my system
seems to be the version.
If anyone could post the first part of mythburn.log where it kicks off
the downloading(from storage group) and subsequently
cutting/transcoding, it might provide more insight.
Thanks for your help anyway, it provided the insight that the updated
version from mythbuntu seems to crap up the config.xml files.

Jos