[mythtv-users] Mytharchive error on 0.26

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Mon Oct 29 18:51:01 UTC 2012

Op 29-10-2012 17:24, John Pilkington schreef:
> On 29/10/12 11:26, John Pilkington wrote:

>>> Clear, top one is the one I need to use, adjusted to have all entries
>>> exactly as described(I left the UDN in even though I don't really use
>>> the renderer feature(does that actually work, pushing video to it?).
>>>   Doesn't solve the problem of (now) double filename however, I'll call
>>> it a day for now.
>>>

>> I've just installed 0.25.3 and as usual, after checking for changes,
>> replaced the distributed version of mythburn.py with my patched version.
>>   I must confess that I had forgotten one patch that is probably still
>> relevant here.  I need to correct one of the earlier references in this
>> thread too.
>>
>> In the distributed version you will find
>>
>> configHostname = DB.gethostname()
>>
>> Replace this with
>>
>> configHostName = "TheFrontendNameAsSetInMythtvsetupAndPassedInConfigXml"
>>
>> I don't know if there's a way of doing this that doesn't require a new
>> edit for every frontend.  Perhaps something like
>>
>> configHostName = DB.getlocalhostname()  ?
>>
>> Maybe that will help :-)
>>
>> John
>>

> Yet another 'clarification', I'm afraid.  Applies to 0.25.3.
>
> Creation of a playable DVD works for me with or without the patch
> immediately above if config.xml is as shown.  The patch had been
> present in my working copy of mythburn.py, but was redundant.
> config.xml should set the name properly for all relevant processes;
> this would not be true if only the patch in mythburn.py was present.
>
> I still think that Jos's problem probably arises (if config.xml is of
> the right format) because the copy of config.xml that he edited is not
> the one being read by the user, mythtv, that is running his frontend -
> but of course I could be wrong.
>
> John P

I've edited /etc/mythtv/config.xml:

<Configuration>
   <LocalHostName>frontend</LocalHostName>
   <Database>
     <PingHost>1</PingHost>
         <Host>192.168.1.5</Host>
         <UserName>mythtv</UserName>
         <Password>verysecret</Password>
         <DatabaseName>mythconverg</DatabaseName>
         <DBPort>3306</DBPort>
   </Database>
   <WakeOnLAN>
     <Enabled>0</Enabled>
     <SQLReconnectWaitTime>0</SQLReconnectWaitTime>
     <SQLConnectRetry>5</SQLConnectRetry>
     <Command>echo 'WOLsqlServerCommand not set'</Command>
   </WakeOnLAN>
</Configuration>

And linked both users mythtv and frontend to it. The frontend is run by
user frontend by the way, I'm guessing the user mythtv is a leftover
from when I still had a slave-backend running on this machine.
I could reproduce this by trying it on my laptop as well, same result.
:/ All Ubuntu 12.04 with mythbuntu 0.26 repo.