[mythtv-users] Slightly confused with GIT and build.

Mark markhsa at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 18:45:57 UTC 2012

I am a bit confused on GIT, naming and such.

My objective is to build and maintain a 26 install on Fedora 17. Having
in the past, used RPMS ( not available yet ), I will simply build from
source.  Not a big deal.

My question is this.  What is the proper git command to get the 26 fixes
branch, and if I simply always use this command and then build what I
get, will I be getting 26 fixes with the latest patches and such included?

I guess I am unsure on what branch is maintained with the small fixes?

What would also help is a script that someone is using to download the
latest 26 fixes and patches and build/install.  This would be quite
helpful and would likely assist me in understanding.

Thanks much....