[mythtv-users] No EIT data for a channel - "Error: offset>181, pes length & current cannot be queried"

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 17:57:14 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I am getting a lot of these in my logs:

*DVBRead mpeg/mpegstreamdata.cpp:360 (AssemblePSIP) Error: offset>181, pes
length & current cannot be queried*

I found a thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=5989950) that
suggested this was because a channel was set to receive EIT listings, but
there was non availabe.

I have scanned through my channels, but can't find any obvious "dodgey"
channels, is there an easier way of finding which channel is having EIT
issues?  The hard way being, disable EIT for all channels and then start
turning it back on one by one!

BTW, do hidden channels get EIT data?  If they do, then I might know where
the problem lies, as all the "dodgey" channels are hidden, rather then
deleted.

Cheers

Martin