[mythtv-users] Suspend to RAM

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 16:33:36 UTC 2012

2012/10/29 Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com>:
> 2012/10/29 Joey Morris <rjmorris at nc.rr.com>:
>> Thomas Boehm <mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net> wrote on Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 01:12:10PM +0000:

>>> Put this command in your /etc/rc.local file before the "exit 0" line.
>>> Then it will be executed on every boot.
>>
>> This may work, but the device could change on each reboot (just like
>> the OPs LIRC receiver, when I also suggested creating a udev rule:
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/504888#504888).
>
> Thanks again, xD.
>
> Sorry for my newby question, but I don't understand why I must add a
> udev rule if the device is always connected in the same USB port (4-1
> in my case).
>
> Best regards.

Hello again, I am reading about suspend architecture on Linux, I read
that there are different modes of suspend:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Configuration_and_Power_Interface#Global_states

Which is better? S3 or S4?

S3: Commonly referred to as Standby, Sleep, or Suspend to RAM. RAM
remains powered
S4: Hibernation or Suspend to Disk. All content of main memory is
saved to non-volatile memory such as a hard drive, and is powered
down.

Thanks again.

Best regards.

--