[mythtv-users] Lost HDMI sound in Media Library->Search Internet videos after move to Mythbuntu 12.04

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 05:19:57 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 12:45 AM, Anthony Giggins
<seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:

> On 29 October 2012 13:53, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 11:22 PM, Anthony Giggins
>> <seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:
>> >  I ended up install pavucontrol and setting the default pulseaudio
>> > device
>> > here, seems to work well so far
>> >
>> > sudo apt-get install pavucontrol
>>
>> I've already installed that and gone through the various HDMI
>> controller choices, but still nothing, It's driving me crazy that
>> Myth's sound works except for the internet video stuff. (or if I want
>> to watch a show on a site on the TV).
>>
>> It's so bizarre that what worked for 18 months has been borked by
>> 12.04, but just a quick search will show you how many people were
>> bitten by sound issues with 12.04.
>>
>> For those of you with 12.04 that do have all your sound working (myth,
>> flash, apps, etc) did you do a clean install or an upgrade? I filed a
>> question on launchpad with all the debug info:
>>
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+question/212597
>>
> Mine was a clean install then I imported my DB from my old mythdora
> installation.
>
> I did take a while to find the right section in pavucontrol to set the
> default device correctly as it was not obvious

Further nuttiness ensues. I called up pavuontrol while a youtube video
was playing in Firefox. Fiddled around for a bit and suddenly got
sound. Fired up the mythtv frontend and went to Media Library->Search
Internet Video and looked for something on Youtube. Started playing it
and there was no sound.

So now I have:

1) sound in Myth Recordings/Video (that's never changed)
2) sound in a web browser (just got it)
3) NO SOUND in Myth's Internet Video's.

So let me clear some space on my desk so I can start banging my head.
If myth recording sound works and browser sound works, why wouldn't
the Search Internet video sound work?