[mythtv-users] After upgrade, backend ends with user logout

Steve Greene sgreene59 at verizon.net
Sun Oct 28 22:50:15 UTC 2012

Hello all,
I finally upgraded from Ubuntu 11.10 to Mint 13 Cinnamon.  I've mostly
got the basic issues licked, but I noticed when trying to get ACPI sleep
working that the mythbackend service ends when I logout of my user
account.  I'm assuming that this is a permissions issue. Before, when
logged out, the backend stayed up (probably user mythtv?) and the system
would power down after the wait period, to wakeup before the next
recording job.

Has anyone else encountered this? The permissions
for /usr/bin/mythbackend are -rwxr-xr-x root root.

Thanks.

--
A good friend of mine used to say, "This is a very simple game. You
throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win,

-Ebby Calvin Laloosh