[mythtv-users] Does anyone have cx88 audio working?

dataclue dataclue at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 28 00:30:07 UTC 2012

i apologize in advance for what should be a boring and noobie question, but after weeks of searching and efforts, I can't get "over-PCI" audio working with analog line input to a FusionHDTV Gold 5 card. It doesn't work in Myth and it doesn't work any other way -- the cx23880 is there, but all it produces is loud white noise or pink noise.
The video works fine, and I even got audio&video HDTV input from over-the-air TV working. But the cx88_alsa audio is not working.
For those with cx88 cards that at least advertise being able to do audio over PCI (as opposed to the "jumper-cord-to-the-motherboard-CD-audio-header"), do you have it working? Could you share how you did it?

Thank you!