[mythtv-users] Commercial Flagging (UK, DVB-T)

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 09:18:55 UTC 2012

On 26 Oct 2012, at 09:55, Tim Phipps wrote:

> Quoting Mark Greenwood <fatgerman at gmail.com>:
>
>> On 26 Oct 2012, at 09:22, Tim Phipps wrote:
>>
>> That looks really interesting Tim, I'd love to give it a try. However you'll have to help me with :
>>
>> Compile the two C programs
>>
>> This non-C programmer needs more information. Save the two files somewhere and then type?. what?
>
> Good point. Save the files to catagrower.c and mausc.c the run:
>
> gcc -std=c99 -Wall -Wextra -Werror -O catagrower.c -o catagrower

Ah.

gcc -std=c99 -Wall -Wextra -Werror -O catagrower.c -o catagrower
catagrower.c: In function ‘main’:
catagrower.c:46:13: error: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Werror=unused-result]
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

My knowledge of C being what it isn't, I'm stumped by even the simplest cryptic messages from compilers. I compiled it again without the -Werror because I don't think this error/warning actually matters, and carried on.

> gcc -std=c99 -Wall -Wextra -Werror -O mausc.c -o mausc -lsndfile -lm

This compiled OK, once I noticed I needed libsndfile1-dev installed.

Where your instructions say

Follow the instructions on Mythcommflag-wrapper.

I assume this means to change the Advert-detection command in the backend setup to '/usr/local/bin/mausc_wrapper.py -j %JOBID% -V 0'

I then went to my recorded programs and started commercial flagging for one of them. Nothing appears to be happening. There's nothing in any log anywhere… so I'm not sure if it's working or not. Other than watching the show to see if it has commercial breaks detected, what else can I look for?

Cheers,

Mark