[mythtv-users] no more PCI in my basement

Stefan D raptorjr08 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 08:26:07 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 12:07 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists at xunil.at>wrote:

> ... had to say goodbye to my good old C2D-based myth-backend.
>
> Some problems with the mobo ... spent hrs to spot the issue ... and
> decided to get a new small server in the end.
>
> Unfortunately I didn't think of the fact that recent servers don't bring
> PCI anymore ... so my 2 DVB-S-cards (WinTV Nova-S PCI) don't fit anymore.
>
> hoooray.
>
> What to do?
>
> riser card??
>
> I assume, no.
>
> The mythtv-wiki lists only very few PCIe-DVB-S-cards.
>
> Could any DVBs-user recommend a way to go?
>
> Thanks in advance, Stefan

I have recently found this
http://www.digitaldevices.de/english/DD-DVB-Komponenten.html
I like that you can expand with more tuners. Thinking about trying the
DVB-C/T card.

Don't know about the DVB-S card but i have seen a post with a user getting
the DVB-C/T card running in Linux.
Shouldn't be any different i guess.

/Stefan