[mythtv-users] DVB-T tuners recording multiple shows

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 11:04:55 UTC 2012

Hi again,

I recently upgraded from 0.24 to 0.26 (fresh install). I recall that under 0.24 I could set 'Max Recordings' for a DVB tuner to '2', and mythtv would understand that it could record 2 channels simultaneously on that tuner provided they were on the same multiplex. This always worked fine.

In 0.26, however, I just programmed 2 shows to record at the same time. They're on different multiplexes but in mythweb I can see that they are both set to be recorded on the same tuner. Surely this won't work. What have I done wrong?

I have 2 USB DVB-T sticks connected, they're indentical. I was expecting the second show to be scheduled to be recorded on the second stick. Is this something to do with input groups? - this is something I have failed to get my head around and just allowed mythtv-setup to specify it in its own mysterious way :)

Thanks,

Mark