[mythtv-users] no more PCI in my basement

Andy Burns mythtv.lists at burns.me.uk
Thu Oct 25 09:42:11 UTC 2012

On 25 October 2012 09:45, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists at xunil.at> wrote:

> Am 25.10.2012 01:22, schrieb Raymond Wagner:
>
>> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-S_PCIe_Cards
>> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-S2_PCIe_Cards
>>
>> There don't seem to be many -S cards, but I would presume most -S2 cards
>> are also capable of -S.
>
> been there already, thanks anyway.
> Yes, now to the job of checking out where to get those in austria.

I had a TBS 6981 but their drivers are out-of-Linus's tree, so I got
fed up of bodging their code to work with newer kernels, I replaced it
with a TeVii S480 which is a PCIe card that presents the tuners as USB
devices, this is perhaps less efficient but works nicely for me (with
the tuners in a Xen domU as my backend).