[mythtv-users] Cant add channel linup on fresh installs

Patrick McIntire patrick.mcintire at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 00:52:15 UTC 2012

>On 10/14/2012 07:16 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> It seems that it downloads 1s of data, which likely means it gets each
>> channel on the lineup and one program airing on each channel of every
>> lineup.  TTBOMK (where MK is based on the code in DataDirectProcessor
>> and the assumption that whoever wrote it knew the DataDirect API/had
>> documentation on it) there is no other way to get the list of
>> lineups.  (And, we don't even need the list of channels nor the list
>> of shows we end up downloading.)
>
>To the OP:
>
>I have a feeling all would work fine if you:
>
>a) set up all the desired lineups you want at Schedules Direct website
>b) for any "extra large" lineups--lineups with a ton of channels--remove
>all (or, perhaps all but one) channels from the lineup
>c) use mythtv-setup to configure your Video Source(s) and choose the desired lineup
>d) use the Schedules Direct website to add desired channels to all your lineups
>
>That way, you'll have the appropriate lineup selected for each Video
>Source.  Then, you can add channels.  If you're using an analog capture
>device or a non-scannable input (e.g. firewire or CableCARD) and the
>"Fetch channels from listings provider" button doesn't work, let me know
>and I'll give you a command line for a mythfilldatabase invocation that
>likely will.
>
>Mike

Greetings, Gentlemen.  I hate to re-open a dead thread, and I may not
be doing it right as I'm not familiar with mailing lists -- but I did
want to report that I've been struggling with the exact same problem
that the OP described when trying to execute on a fresh install of
MythTV in Ubuntu 12.04 (actually I'm working with Mythbuntu 12.04).

When I try to retrieve my channel line up initially in Video Sources,
the same thing happens as the OP describes.  A loader bar appears,
gets to 50%, nothing really happens, then the lineup selection box
remains null.

I did try Mike's workaround and it worked amazingly.  I went into
Schedules Direct, removed all but one channel, and the list came
through without an issue.  I continued my setup with only that one
channel selected and all was well -- even got a streaming display of
that channel through my HD HomeRun Prime inside my Oracle VM
VirtualBox under Windows 7.

When I ran through MythWEB services to check the list of scheduled
programs, it of course only listed the channel I had selected in
Schedules Direct.  So, I did what Mike suggested and went back into
Schedules Direct, selected all channels, quickly opened my MythTV
backend setup, exited it, and let it restart the service and run the
database script.  After about 30 mins of downloading, I had the full
schedules for all the channels in my lineup showing clearly in the Web
service over HTTP.

I also "fetched channels" within the Inputs screen like Mike
suggested, and now had the full list of channels available on the
front end.

These workarounds were definitely solid -- thank you so much -- but it
did take many days and lots of research to find this resource.  Please
try and see if this could be corrected in the source.

My lineup is many, many channels -- Comcast Digital Cable for zipcode
46545 if you'd like to take a look.

Thanks!