[mythtv-users] Do multiple sources need multiple .xmltv files?

Stephen Robertson stephengrobertson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 21:21:16 UTC 2012

> Then, ran mythupchuk and created an xmltv file by running tv_grabber_uk_rt
> --configure and made 3 copied of this in /home/mythtv/.mythtv all named
> after the 3 sources.
>
> I commented everything out apart from the HD channels in the xmltv file for
> the HD source, I had to add ITV HD manually, as tv_grabber_uk_rt does not
> seem to add this one.
> I then ran through mythweb channel editor, checking that EIT was turned on
> for channels with no xmltv ID and visa versa.
>
> I then ran mythfilldatabase and checked through any xmltv IDs it complained
> about.  There were a few that mythupchuk had added incorrectly into the
> database, which I edited in mythweb to the correct ones from my xmltv file.
> There were also some IDs that I did not have a channel for, so commented
> those out.

Do you remember which channels mythupchuck got wrong and how?  I've
been tinkering with it (though it's not my script) a bit to iron out
some issues I had  and one issue I was going to try and fix is that if
you choose freesat when running the tv_grab_uk_rt--configure it puts
in the freesat channel 4 xmltvid, but mythupchuk matches against the
first one in the complete list which is prefixed freeview.  If you
rememeber where you had problems I might try and send a fix for them
if I can  to the owner of the script as well.

Cheers
Stephen