[mythtv-users] HLS Streaming Problem

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Tue Oct 23 07:19:08 UTC 2012

On 22.10.2012 22:49, Chris Notley wrote:

> I've been experimenting with the new HTTP Live Streaming feature of Myth
> 0.26 with a hope to simplify the process of integrating an Enigma2 based
> satellite receiver.  It feels as though the solution is within reach,
> but I'm not there yet.

Enigma did not do HLS but plain MPEG2(-PS / - TS) via HTTP last time I
looked at it.

> The two new playlists referenced above were as follows:
>
> #EXTM3U
> #EXTINF:0,1 - BBC1
> #EXT-X-TARGETDURATION:10
> http://enigma2_ip/web/stream.m3u?ref=1:0:1:189D:7FD:2:11A0000:0:0:0:&name=BBC%201%20London

your options as of the last time I looked into it were
a) install a proxy in between to convert between different modes of
streaming (eg. vlc in server mode)
b) add plain mpeg transport over http streaming to the iptv recorder
c) readd a proper tuxbox recorder using the webinterface for scanning,
tuning and the udp ts streaming interface for recording

You likely can derive a configuration for a) from
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User:Dekarl/How_to_remux_elementary_streams_to_look_like_a_Freebox
Just leave the remuxing part out.

Regards,
Karl