[mythtv-users] Airtunes (RAOP) Output device

Joe Herman jopher91 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 23:48:04 UTC 2012

I was also looking for a means of choosing an alternate output for RAOP/AirTunes play, but looking at the code, it appears that even in .26 AirTunes always outputs audio to the default device, and doesn't allow you to specify a different one.
MythMusic DOES let you choose an alternate output device, and it seems to me that if one has installed MythMusic and chosen an alternate audio output device, then it's not unlikely that users would want AirTunes to play to the same device.
I've written and tested a patch that will let you click a checkbox (in the AirPlay page of general settings) to choose to use MythMusic's audio output device instead of the default one; I'll submit it via the tracker tomorrow.