[mythtv-users] Extend recording one-off

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Oct 22 22:26:48 UTC 2012

On 10/21/2012 08:58 PM, Scot Kreienkamp wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> My apologies if this has been covered before, but if so I can’t find
> it or figure out how.
>
> Back in the days when I was running GB-PVR there was an option to
> extend a single recording by X amount of minutes on a one-off basis.
> This was done for days like today where sports are making the channel
> run late. Recordings would start on time, but you could at least
> extend them as a one-off so it would not permanently alter the schedule.
>
> Is there a feature like that for MythTV?

Yes.

> I know there’s the End Late setting, but when I modify that for the
> specific recording it seems to be permanent as the change is reflected
> in the recording schedules screen.
>
> Thanks!

You need to use an override rule. I'm guessing you're using MythWeb to
edit the schedule instead of using mythfrontend? If so, you need to make
sure you select, "Record only this showing" (IIRC).

I don't remember the exact procedure in mythfrontend, but I think
there's an option that makes it really easy (maybe from Watch Recordings
MENU|Schedule Options?)... Perhaps someone with a better memory than
mine--or at least with access to their system--can provide more details.

Mike