[mythtv-users] ProjectX 0.90.4 doesn't support the -set option

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Oct 22 21:40:37 UTC 2012

On 22/10/12 20:55, Will Dormann wrote:

> In the end, mythburn.py is probably going to need a bit of work before
> it handles both mythtranscode and projectx seamlessly.  Because I've got
> everything working on my own system, the motivation is not completely
> there.  :)
>
> However, if there's any sort of demand I could possibly work on a sane
> patch that others could use.
>

> -WD

My recollection is that Stefan said he was hoping to continue his work
on MythArchive, but I haven't heard anything recently.  For myself, I
have a mode of working, and a few already exposed patches, that reliably
deliver a limited feature set (DVB input, single language, no subtitles,
no transcoding, boring theme), and additional bells, frills, whistles
just increase the likelihood of failure and the need for continual
detective work.  It would be great to have a black box that would
painlessly create novel and faultless DVDs (or something more exotic)
from any conceivable mix of input formats, but my chief wish is that it
should continue to work for me.  I believe there used to be a  'Unix
philosophy' of small tools that reliably did a single job.  MythArchive
offers to do everything, and is a tangle.

Despite all that - if you have a good patch, go ahead :-)

Cheers,

John