[mythtv-users] DVB HD tuners under linux?

Marius Bjørnstad pmb at fa2k.net
Mon Oct 22 15:29:58 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have used the TBS 6280, and it has been very stable. I had a minor
problem with the remote control, but the tech support were responsive
and helped me fix/work around it. It's a dual tuner PCI card and it can
even watch one tuner on DVB-T2 HD and one on standard DVB. It takes
about 5-10 seconds to change between DVB-T and DVB-T2.

The problem is that the driver is not in the kernel so you have to build
it every time there is a kernel update. This can be a big pain and it
may not always work. As much as I want to, I can't recommend this card
unless you're quite proficient on the Linux command line, just because
of the drivers.

Cheers,
Marius