[mythtv-users] Default Mythtv Version

Scott Knight scott at scottknight.com
Mon Oct 22 14:52:03 UTC 2012

on 10/22/2012 10:22 AM Larry Roberts carved the following into a picnic
table:
> Is there an easy way I'm not thinking of to see what the version of
> mythtv that will be installed?
Depending on your version of yum (I don't have access to any RHEL/CentOS
5 machines to test with), you can use --releasever and --showduplicates
to query the repository with list.  I would imagine something like this
would be a good start:
yum --releasever=6.3 --showduplicates list mythtv
> Perhaps another way of asking the question would be how would you do an
> upgrade from one server to another, while upgrading OS versions and
> trying to maintain all your myth DB information?
Easiest/safest way is to be able to upgrade the OS while keeping MythTV
and MySQL versions the same and then upgrade those after verifying that
everything works as expected on the new OS.

Scott