[mythtv-users] v25 MacOS 10.6 loses keyboard input

Keith Gunderson krgkg at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 14:01:01 UTC 2012

I am running myth v.25 (back and front) on my 2010 mac mini.  I also have a USB MS keyboard that only experiences issues when running myth apps.  (Mainly the frontend.)

I followed the instructions on the wiki to install the dmg packages from sourceforge.  I even corrected a typo on the wiki!

When I run a frontend from my ubuntu box, everything works reliably.  I am so happy.

When I run the frontend from my mac mini, they keyboard stops working when I'm watching live tv (and probably other times too.)  I hear the clunky beep noise when I press certain keys.  But without the ability to change channels, escape, or use the hot keyboard shortcuts;  I'm kind of dead in the water.

What is the fix?  Or what can I do to diagnose this issue?  It turns out I'm a professional C++ developer.  But, all my experience is in linux or windows.

I've seen mention of issues in the QT libs.  Will this issue drag me into the depths of QT?

Thanks a million,
KeithG