[mythtv-users] RT : OT: Load Average much higher in Mythbuntu 12.04 rather then Fedora 12 (Mythdora)

Adam Skinner kingmoffa at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 11:24:23 UTC 2012

> I recently (a few weeks ago) replaced an aging Fedora 12 (Mythdora) install
> with Mythbuntu 12.04, and I've noticed the Load average is quite alot
> higher then on the previous OS.
> Please note the hardware changed very little with the exception of the OS
> no longer being on 2 old 30GB + 36GB drives in a software mirror and is now
> on a 500GB Hiatchi SATA3 drive, please see the graph below the install was
> between Week 39 and 40.
> I know this is mostly OT but there are alot of very switched on people who
> may know why the change, please note CPU and memory usage has changed very
> little...

For whats it worth , I found my load average was higher when i
switched over to mythbuntu 12.04 as well. For me it was the move from
ext3 to ext4 on the OS partition with the mysql database, especially
the write heavy recorded seek table. There are some mount options you
can apply , but they are said to be risky in event of power failure.
Barrier , commit interval , xattr and writeback.