[mythtv-users] Do multiple sources need multiple .xmltv files?

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 07:13:18 UTC 2012

On 21 October 2012 21:44, Karl Dietz <dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org> wrote:

Karl, appreciate the reply

> from 0.25 on you can configure the order directly, see
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_0.25#Scheduler

Ahh, I see, thats handy!  I checked and they were numerically in the
correct order with this new method as well, so all is well there

> If you are using the generated time shifted data you'll have perfectly
> matching data. (contains TSOD in the xmltv id, see
> http://xmltv.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xmltv/xmltv/grab/uk_rt/channel_ids?revision=1.250&view=markup#l186
> )

This seems fine now, not sure if it was showing EIT data instead of
XMLTV at the time, causing the screw up

> You have configured channels in your xmltv configuration that are not
> referenced in the video source. e.g. no HD channels on the SD source.
>
>> 2012-10-21 16:52:55.232050 I  Updating source #2 (FreeviewHD) with
>> grabber tv_grab_uk_rt
>> 2012-10-21 17:00:05.791224 N  Unknown xmltv channel identifier:
>> freeview.aljazeera.net - Skipping channel.
>> 2012-10-21 17:00:05.791508 N  Unknown xmltv channel identifier:
>> freeview.communitychannel.org - Skipping channel.
>

> the same issue as above, but no simple example to give :)

Dead on, I think I spent so long staring at this yesterday, I couldn't
figure out what was going on anymore.  I went through the list of dud
XMLTV IDs and commented them out in my .xmltv files, re-ran
mythfilldatabase and no errors, great

> I think I've seen such things when you fold SD and HD into one channel.
> You'll see one of the EPG entries, not necessarily the one that is
> being recorded. I simply stopped folding SD and HD into one channel :)

I had it in my head that this was the correct thing to do, as the HD
and SD channels showed the same stuff.  I have changed this back, so
they are all separate channels again.  But, still only the odd show is
recorded in HD.  99% of my recording rules are "any time any channel",
so the HD ones should get picked up I assume, currently, just ITV
stuff is showing in HD.  In mythweb, if I tick "deactivated" in
upcoming recordings, all of the channel 4 stuff shows up with a status
of "Earlier" "This episode will be recorded at an earlier time
instead", even though it is on at the same time on the SD channel.
Even when doing this, no BBC HD stuff shows up with the same status.

I still think there is a more fundamental issue, as recordings are
still showing on my HD tuners, but without the HD tag, checked the IDs
in mythtv setup and they haven't changed, so not sure what's going on

Many thanks

Martin