[mythtv-users] Duplicate program ID - UK radio times data

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 14:40:44 UTC 2012

On 20 October 2012 19:21, Stephen Robertson <stephengrobertson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm seeing an issue where two shows are being given the same programme ID.
> Each week the Saturday night X-Factor show and the Sunday night results show
> seem to be given the same one. This is on ITV1 HD.
>
> I'm not sure at what stage the ids are generated, whether by the data
> source, the grabber or myth?
>
> Firstly is this a general problem or is it just something wrong with my
> setup.

This is an issue in the upstream listings. The Saturday programme is
called "The X Factor" with no subtitle. The Sunday results programme
is called "The X Factor" with subtitle "The X Factor Results". Both
shows have the same series/episode numbering.

> Secondly assuming that it is a general issue what's the best way to deal
> with this? Turn off duplicate matching and manually disable all the
> duplicate showings?

That's the easiest way to deal with this issue at the moment.

To fix things for everyone, I could add a fixup to the uk_rt grabber
so that it renames the results episode (e.g. to something like "The X
Factor Results") when it sees the Results-specific subtitle. Note that
this would require users to add a new rule for this new programme
title to record the results shows.

Feel free to follow up the specifics of how to handle the programme
renaming on the xmltv-users list. This list is on-topic for how to
best handle the current situation with clashing episode numbering.

Cheers,
Nick