[mythtv-users] mythweb: Time 2 hours ahead in Listings

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 21 14:07:16 UTC 2012

On 10/21/2012 06:22 AM, Mogens Kjaer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have myth-tv and mythweb installed from atrpms on a CentOS 6 machine.
>
> Strangely, mythweb is 0.26 and the backend is 0.25.2:
>
> mythtv-backend-0.25.2-288.el6.i686
> mythweb-0.26.0-276.noarch
>
> Mythweb works, however, after the update to 0.26 the
> time listed in "Listings" are two hours ahead, i.e.
> a show that starts at 20:00 is listed under 22:00.
>
> The time under "Upcoming recordings" is correct.
>
> Upcoming recordings are not displayed as such in the
> "Listings" display, i.e. there's no green box around
> them.
>
> The frontend list it correctly.
>
> I've set up the correct time zone in php.ini and checked
> it with phpinfo():
>
> Default timezone: Europe/Copenhagen
>
> I've tried "pecl install timezonedb" and adding extension=timezonedb.so
> to php.ini as suggested on the wiki, but that makes no difference
> (I've checked that it is enabled in phpinfo()).
>
> What's wrong - and how do I fix it?
>
> Mogens

In 0.26 all times in the database are UTC. So it seems likely since your
backend is 0.25 that the database times are still in local time. However
if mythweb is 0.26 then it will be assuming that the database times are
in UTC, and it will be making adjustments. This could explain the
difference.

Peter