[mythtv-users] Myth frontend on a mac..

Jean-Yves Avenard jean-yves at avenard.org
Sun Oct 21 08:31:41 UTC 2012

On Sunday, 21 October 2012, Yeechang Lee wrote:

> As 10.6 is the last release with PowerPC support and a few other UI
> features like Save As and Spaces, I would expect to see many users
> stay with it for an unusually long time.

10.5 is the latest version with PPC support...

There's no real reason a binary compiled on 10.7 wouldn't work on 10.5, but
they have changed the loader format and its incompatible with one another
when you compile the latest Xcode.

I have found that if I compile qt on a 10.6 VM, then the binary compiled in
10.8 will work on 10.6.
If not, and you use the pre-compiled qt or compile it yourself at the same
time you compile myth, then you get some error loading it with missing
symbols