[mythtv-users] Myth frontend on a mac..

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Sat Oct 20 23:52:10 UTC 2012

At 8:41 AM +1100 10/21/12, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>Hi there..
>
>To those using myth on a mac.. What OS are you using?
>10.5, 10.6, 10.7 or 10.8
>
>I'm trying to assess if the amount of work required for myth on 10.5
>is worth it...
>
>I can easily create a standalone application that will work on 10.6
>and later (universal 32 and 64 bits).
>Creating one that runs on 10.5 is possible but so far as required a
>fair amount of effort and has added some instability.

10.6 is the minimum in my household, now.

J-Y, what are you doing about the log server?  I played with .26 for
a little bit but I found that I had to start mythlogserver manually.
And then mythlogserver shuts itself down after 5 minutes of
inactivity, right?  Do you have a fix or a workaround for
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10890?

For me, this seems to be a major problem for an OS X backend!

Craig