[mythtv-users] Mythzoneminder and mmap

Greg Grotsky spikeygg.mythbox at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 16:47:30 UTC 2012

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:

>  It should already try mmap first and then fall back to shm if that
> doesn't work.
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/ab02583b3e
>
> Does the log from mythzmserver give any clues why it's failing? Adding
> the -v switch should give more debugging info.

Thanks for the response Paul, I saw your ticket right after I posted my
question and I verified that the changes are in my source (using git master
head from Sept 18th). I have --logpath pointing to a
/var/log/mythtv/mythzmserver.log and it creates the file when I start
launch it (like this "mythzmserver --verbose --daemon --logfile
/var/log/mythtv/mythzmserver.log") but it doesn't print anything to the
file after creation (zero size), even with the --verbose option passed in.
Do you have any suggestions on how I can get it to talk?