[mythtv-users] FCC and HDHomerun

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Oct 19 13:42:44 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 05:18:21PM -0400, George Nassas wrote:
> On 2012-10-18, at 10:27 AM, Gavin Peters wrote:
>
> > With the minor and no doubt unimportant exception of people doing OTA...
>

> Still, it makes me wonder if the broadcast flag is going to make a reappearance as OTA is the last hole in the walled garden.

It would not surprise me.

However, it all seems like "polishing the brass on the Titanicc"at this point.

They are milking a dying model that is unable to better compete
because of their insistence in suppressing small time 3rd party
device providers. Tech and the market is going backwards when it
needs to go forward to compete with stuff like Roku and AppleTV.

Of course constant rate hikes and fights between channel owners
and cable services don't help either.