[mythtv-users] MythPodcaster with 0.26?

Dave Pearson lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Thu Oct 18 09:24:01 UTC 2012

-----Original message-----
From:Warpme <warpme at o2.pl>
Sent:Wed 17-10-2012 21:12
Subject:Re: [mythtv-users] MythPodcaster with 0.26?
To:mythtv-users at mythtv.org;
On 10/16/12 7:26 PM, Warpme wrote:
> On 10/5/12 4:04 PM, Scott Kidder wrote:
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> I have tested MythPodcaster with MythTV releases up to 0.25.  It
>> should work with 0.26 unless there have been some significant changes
>> to the MythTV database schema (not likely).  Please let me know if
>> you encounter any problems with 0.26 by filing a defect on the
>> MythPodcaster project and I'll be sure to fix it.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> --
>> Scott Kidder
>>
> Scott,
>
> Mythpodcaster seems to be very interesting add-on to try !
> Is it possible to setup Mythpodcaster with lighttpd web server ?
> My system (based on Archlinux) has lighttpd 1.4.30-3.
> If it is possible - are there any special pointers/things I should
> know for such successful setup ?
> Thx in advance !

-in "/var/mythpodcaster/rss" it creates subdirectories like
"iphone_4x3_segmented_video_low"
"iriver_u10_standard_video"

-in such dirs creates files like:
8006-20121015160000.avi
8006-20121016160000.avi
8006-20121017160000.avi
8130.html
8130.png
8130.rss

If I enter
"http://192.168.1.254/mythpodcaster/rss/iriver_u10_standard_video/8130.rss"
in Firefox then I see page similar to this presented on wiki.
Issue is however that there is no main rss file in /var/mythpodcaster/rss/
In this dir I have ONLY subdirs like "iphone_4x3_segmented_video_low" or
"iriver_u10_standard_video".

Is this correct ?
If so, how can I see all feeds, select particular one and then subscribe ?

Some details:
mythtv 0.26-fixes
ArchLinux 3.3.8
java-jsp2.1-tomcat 6.0.35-2
java-servlet2.5-tomcat 6.0.35-2
tomcat6 6.0.35-2
openjdk6 6.b24_1.11.4

Thx in advance

The 8133.rss file that you see in your directory listing is the rss file for that TV (or Radio) Series, so if the recording you have transcoded with mythpodcaster is Episode 1, then when you record episode 2 that will also be transcoded by mythpodcaster. If your podcast software (I use Downcast on my iPhone) has been set up with the 8133.rss file as it's podcast source, it will automatically download the new episode.

If you use mythpodcaster for another TV show or series, that will create another .rss file and you will need to subscribe to that .rss file in your podcast software.

I'm not sure I've explained that too well ;-)

Regards,

Dave.