[mythtv-users] Lost all recordings because of ".xsession-errors" file

Steve Malenfant smalenfant at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 02:50:38 UTC 2012

I just looked at my ".xsession-errors" file again and it has increased
lately but not as much. That's because I disabled VINO which was the big
logger offender.
-rw-------  1 steve steve 23247078 Oct 17 00:00 .xsession-errors

The big problem here is that default ".xsession-errors" which is 1) Hidden,
2) not default logrotation rules and 3) Seems like there is no way getting
rid of it.

I did know my auto-expires were ON. My HD wasn't full at all (about 500G
was left). Been running Mythtv for 10 years without having my recordings
expiring...

Some examples of the logs in there now :
(gnome-settings-daemon:2187): power-plugin-WARNING **: failed to turn the
panel on: Could not change DPMS mode

(gnome-settings-daemon:2187): power-plugin-WARNING **: failed to turn the
panel on: Could not change DPMS mode

(gnome-settings-daemon:2187): power-plugin-WARNING **: failed to turn the
panel on: Could not change DPMS mode

(evolution-alarm-notify:3462): evolution-alarm-notify-WARNING **:
alarm.c:260: Requested removal of nonexistent alarm!

Steve