[mythtv-users] 0.26 - JobQueue Query via API?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Oct 17 19:38:15 UTC 2012

On 10/17/2012 15:17, Nigel Jewell wrote:

>> * On Mon Oct 15, 2012 at 09:02:21PM +0100, Nigel Jewell wrote:
>>> I've just upgraded from 0.24 to 0.26 without issue and I'm now making
>>> use of the new API for some of my own scripts.  With the old MythXML
>>> interface I was able to see the status of the job queue, is there a way
>> There aren't any methods that I know of.  It would be nice if there were
>> API calls to work with the JobQueue.  There is a rewrite/rework of
>> the JobQueue underway so it may be best to wait until after that if
>> anyone
>> wants to work on a patch.
>>

> Hi Chris,
>
> Thanks for your response.  Based upon your suggestion I'll park my
> requirement for now as I can obtain the information that I need from the
> database directly.  Longer term I'll happily work on a patch. That would
> have been my next question.  I've been a long term user of MythTV and it
> will be nice to contribute.

The long term goal is for the jobqueue to get a proper scheduler in the
master backend, and all access to the scheduler is routed through
backend protocol and services interfaces, with nothing but the scheduler
touching the database directly. Depending on how quickly 0.27 gets
released, I may be able to get this plan in the repository by then.