[mythtv-users] Channels come back after being deleted

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Oct 17 05:09:22 UTC 2012

On 10/17/2012 12:33 AM, Karl Newman wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 8:33 PM, Fa wrote:

>>> Remove them from your Schedules Direct lineup using the Schedules Direct
>>> website.
>>>
>> No sure what I am doing wrong:
>> 0. disabled a bunch of channels in schedulesdirect.org line (clicked the
>> chan until it is crossed out/greyed out)
>> 1. deleted all channels in the mythtv-setup ->  channel editor
>> 2. then grab the chan listing for the input. mythtv-setup ->  fetch
>> channels from listing source
>> 3. I still see the disabled channels being populated.
>>
>> Do I need to additionally delete the unwanted channels from the channel
>> editor?
>>
> Double-check your SchedulesDirect lineup. The "Save Changes" button hides
> at the very bottom of the grid.

And, ideally, you wouldn't delete the good channels just to re-add
them...  Just go through the Channel Editor and hit D on any channels
you're trying to remove.

Note, also, that if you run mythfilldatabase the way you are, you could
well get cached data (because you're running it too soon after your last
run), which contains the old channels.

Mike