[mythtv-users] dlna dmr frontend replacement.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Oct 16 17:01:52 UTC 2012

On 10/16/2012 01:35 AM, Nick Rout wrote:
> The differences in implementations
> of the actual standard are frustrating too. Take a look in the
> mythbuntu forums at the thread(s) about upnp and various TV models for
> the workarounds people have had to do.

Yes, and that's why our UPnP support (note that we don't support DLNA
because we don't have a license for DLNA nor have access to the specs)
is so hit-and-miss.  Every time someone makes a change to fix an issue
on one device, it breaks 3 other devices, so we haven't been inclined to
change it much.  I'm hoping, eventually, someone will decide to
incorporate an external, and actively-maintained, UPnP library, such as
Platinum UPnP ( http://www.plutinosoft.com/platinum ).

Mike