[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi now ships with 512MB RAM

Per Hatlevik jakeisawake at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 01:12:16 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Michelle Dupuis <mdupuis at ocg.ca> wrote:
> From what I recall from the last discussion on list, accelerated video is not supported for that video chipset, so not suitable...

not suitable until someone writes it. vdpau was not supported until
someone wrote support for that. i have actively been researching
openmax and the implementation doesn't seem that bad if i had the
time.

definitely having 512MB should allow us to run the full frontend which
helps, and then there's just openmax. my problem is that i'm
comfortable programming just never really programmed video encoders or
decoders so that is a learning experience but i definitely have
openmax on my list of things to do if no one else beats me to it, just
not a lot of spare time these days to spend doing anything.

the hardware h264 encoder on the raspberry pi could be of interest to
a lot of people as well....