[mythtv-users] Announcement: Looking for Alpha testers for a generic Lossless cut solution

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Mon Oct 15 16:23:18 UTC 2012

On 12-10-15 11:57 AM, John wrote:
> 1) Where any previous work is done with mythtranscode, lossless or
> otherwise, the frame rate and other parameters are lost from the
> recordedmarkup table, and lossless_cut now explicitly gracefully fails
> on any of those recordings. Was there an assumption any previous
> trans-code would break things, or is it a bug in mythtranscode ?
>
> 2) Some of the films successfully transcode but the resultant
> transcode has frame errors. Sync is ok, but frames are dropped with
> picture distortion. The originals have 1 Subtitle stream, that are not
> present in the mkv. I was not sure from the thread whether the
> subtitle issues caused script or stream level issues.
>
> 3) when using
>
> /usr/bin/lossless_cut -f "%DIR%/%FILE%" -e
>
> , then re-running the job is blocked by the file, there is no renaming
> of the second file with date as in the WIKI.
>
> 2012-10-15 16:25:58,770 - CRITICAL -
> The MythVideo already exists, aborting script.
> MythVideo: Review/Bad Day at Black Rock (None)
John,
     Thanks for the complements,much appreciated. I will try to answer
your questions:

1) I suspect that after mythtranscode has changed the video ,the
recorded seek table no longer contains accurate keyframes. Lossless Cut
depends on accurate keyframes from the recordedseek tablewith its heart
and sole. I am not sure but if the recordedseek table is rebuilt then it
is likely inaccurate. There are two outstanding tickets around seek
table rebuilding issue. See: http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11144

2) I would love to see a bug archive for one of those cut videos which
showing distortions. See:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Lossless_Cut#Bug_Reporting

3) On this one the wiki is misleading. The time stamp only gets added
when the '-m' move argument is used. You need to go into MythVideo and
actually delete the existing cut video before retrying the cut. The
logic was changed to check for an existing MythVideo record before
processing. Trying to be efficient. You did reveal abug though as there
is no way the movie year should every show "(None)". I will fix that
shortly.

I hope this info helps and you will provide a bug archive for #2.

Thanks

Doug