[mythtv-users] Quiet cheap frontend for 1080p

Teruel deCampo MD chusty at attglobal.net
Mon Oct 15 11:06:18 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-10-13 at 20:13 -0700, chris biddick wrote:
> I don't remember the model, but it is an ion d525 model.  1GB RAM, DVD
> drive.  I added a USB 1TB drive so it can function as both a FE and
> BE.   it blazes thru comm flagging, but I only allow it to do that
> while I'm sleeping. You may want to get one with blue Ray instead of
> dvd.
> Chris
>
> On Oct 13, 2012 7:37 PM, "Ross Boylan" <RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org>
> wrote:
>         On Sat, 2012-10-13 at 18:51 -0700, chris biddick wrote:
>         > I'm glad it has worked out so well .  My family has loved my
>         myth
>         > system, and the addition of the zotac to drive our new hd TV
>         has only
>         > made it better.
>         > Good luck everyone keeping the myth going
>         > Chris
>         >
>         Which Zotac model did you get?
>         Ross
>         >

These models change all the time. The one I got  zboxhd-id34br 2gb d2,
250 G

it has

- intel atom D525 (dual core 1.8 GHz)
- intel MM10 express chipset
- Next-generation NVIDIA Ion 512 DDR3 video memory
- 2x200-pin so-dim slots up to 4GB (1 occupied by 2gb ddr2-800 module)
This is important becasue I can increase the ram without have to replace
what is there (2GB vs 1GB x 2)
- 1 x 2.5 hard disk (sata 3.0) with a250 GB HD
- 2 x mini-pci express slots (1 occupied by bundled WIFI module)
- 4 x Blue-ray
- Gigabit laaan 10/100/1000)
802.11b/g/n/ wifi
- Car reader
- Audio onboard 8-channel digital audio/stereo analog audio

I got it in Amazon.