[mythtv-users] Cant add channel linup on fresh installs

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Oct 15 03:49:06 UTC 2012

On 10/14/2012 07:16 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> It seems that it downloads 1s of data, which likely means it gets each
> channel on the lineup and one program airing on each channel of every
> lineup.  TTBOMK (where MK is based on the code in DataDirectProcessor
> and the assumption that whoever wrote it knew the DataDirect API/had
> documentation on it) there is no other way to get the list of
> lineups.  (And, we don't even need the list of channels nor the list
> of shows we end up downloading.)

To the OP:

I have a feeling all would work fine if you:

a) set up all the desired lineups you want at Schedules Direct website
b) for any "extra large" lineups--lineups with a ton of channels--remove
all (or, perhaps all but one) channels from the lineup
c) use mythtv-setup to configure your Video Source(s) and choose the
desired lineup
d) use the Schedules Direct website to add desired channels to all your
lineups

That way, you'll have the appropriate lineup selected for each Video
Source.  Then, you can add channels.  If you're using an analog capture
device or a non-scannable input (e.g. firewire or CableCARD) and the
"Fetch channels from listings provider" button doesn't work, let me know
and I'll give you a command line for a mythfilldatabase invocation that
likely will.

Mike